Friday, May 18, 2007

EVN to invests in telecom network

Electricity of Viet Nam (EVN) will invest an additional 24 trillion VND (1.5 billion USD) in its telecom network from now to 2010 to meet demands for technology and service supply.

The group will expand its cable systems to 80% of districts nationwide and increase transmission capacity of both domestic and international cable networks.

This year, the group will use 3.7 trillion VND to increase the number of its base transceiver stations (BTS) to 2,500. The figure will be boosted to 5,000-6,000 BTS, able to serve eight million subscribers.

It will also increase broadband and high-speed internet services in a bid to cover 10% of internet users.

Source: VNA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds wonderful, coz I just can't stand the current quality service. Hardly could anyone hear in the other end when I make a phone call. My friends couldn't contact me either. My EVN number is 042012102.